Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Army Emergency Relief
200 Stovall Street
Alexandria, VA 22332

Phone: 703-428-0000
Toll Free: 866-878-6378
DSN: 328-0000
Fax: 703-325-7183
DSN: 221-7183

Need Financial Assistance?

The following individuals are eligible for assistance from Army Emergency Relief:

  • Soldiers on active duty and their eligible dependents. 
  • Soldiers retired from active duty because of longevity, or retired upon reaching age 60 (Reserve Component) and their eligible Family members. 
  • Widows(ers) and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or while retired. 
  • Medically retired Soldiers and their eligible Family members.
  • Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (Army National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C.) on continuous active duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.

Where to get assistance:

  • If you are on an Army installation or have one within a 50 mile radius of your location, click for AER section contact information
  • In the absence of an Army installation within a 50 mile radius of your location, AER has reciprocal support agreements with the military relief societies of other services to assist Soldiers and their eligible Family members.
  • For Navy Marine Corps Relief Society locations, click here http://www.nmcrs.org
    • For Air Force Aid Society locations, click here http://www.afas.org
    • For Coast Guard Mutual Assistance locations, click here http://www.cgmahq.org

  • In the absence of a military base within a 50 mile radius of your location, AER has a reciprocal support agreement with the American Red Cross to assist Soldiers and their eligible Families. AER assistance is available by calling the American Red Cross at 877-272-7337. When dialing this number, select option 3 for financial assistance.

What to bring with you:

  • An AER Form 700, Application for AER Financial Assistance, signed by your unit Commander or First Sergeant for Soldiers in the ranks of Private (E-1) through Corporal (E-4). This form is available through your unit’s Orderly Room or downloadable here
  • Your valid military ID card. 
  • Be prepared to provide copies of estimates for vehicle and HVAC repairs, billing statements for household expenses, and income statements from all sources (including Spouse, if applicable). For any assistance with vehicles (repair, payment, fuel and insurance) a copy of a current drivers license, proof of insurance, and valid registration of the particular vehicle are required.
  • A Budget Planning Sheet (BPS). The BPS is an itemized statement of monthly income and expenditures. This will assist the AER Officer or Other Relief Society Caseworker in determining your overall financial situation. This form is downloadable here.
  • Members of the Reserve Component (Army National Guard/Army Reserve Soldiers and their eligible Family Members) need to bring a current copy of the orders that placed the Service Member on continuous active duty for more than 30 consecutive days under Title 10 U.S.C.
  • The Spouse of a Soldier who is unavailable as a result of deployment or TDY (outside of the geographic area) must present a Special Power of Attorney (SPOA), AER Form 53, or an SPOA from another source that states the Spouse (attorney-in-fact) has the authority to establish, change, or stop an allotment, and to incur AER debt in the Soldier’s name.  In the absence of an SPOA, an AER Form 55 may be used by the AER Officer to document the Soldier’s identity and concurrence for the requested assistance. The AER Form 53 is downloadable here.


 Charity Navigator      Subscribe to videos on YouTube      LinkedIn      Twitter      Google+
Home   |   AER Locations   |   Message from the President   |   About Us   |   Make A Loan Payment   |   Loan Repayment Info   |   Financial Assistance   |   Blank Forms   |   Donations   |   Scholarships   |   Related Links   |   Section Information   |   Contact Us   |   My Profile
Copyright 2012 by Army Emergency Relief